Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Saturday, August 20, 2011

We've Got Orders

I remember it like it was yesterday. I was wearing leg warmers, a mini skirt, purple tights, a metalica band shirt, and a sideways ponytail when I got the call. "You'll never believe it! We got orders to Lakenheath!" The call was from my hubby; oh and I was at an 80's themed BUNKO moms night. The first thing I did was look at one of my best friends there and I'm sure my face said it all. I was actually disappointed, but tried to hide it in my voice since Steven was so happy.
As a military spouse we know all to well that nothing is permanent. And we knew, from the first day we became friends that we would some day part ways to move again. This, however, doesn't make it any easier. 

We've been stationed in Minot ND for almost 6 years, after year 4 we expected we would receive orders anytime, we sold our home that we purchased when we first moved here, never painted a wall in our home on base, I didn't even unpack most of the boxes that had home decor and kitchen stuff inside. When I heard those 3 words "We got orders" I was kind of shocked that my first feeling was of disappointment. Whether I wanted to or not, I had planted some roots(or in blog terms, seedds).
The one thing that I haven't experienced before is the different reactions from friends. Some are super excited for me, and others I have sensed are already pulling away. I understand all the reactions because I think I've experienced them all myself. I have made some forever friends and I know we'll stay in touch as our children grow up we will experience it all through TGFFB, Thank God For Facebook!

After the disappointment, sadness, and bitterness wore off I am definitely excited for this new season of our lives! England here comes SEEDD. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment