Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Friday, June 8, 2012

Playroom & Summer

The kids are out of school this week, for half term. Since they are in a British school they get out of school July 20th and start again the 1st week of September. Since their summer break is only 6 weeks compared to 11 like the American Schools have, they have 1-2 week long breaks throughout the year.

So this particular day I woke up to the sound of giggles, and there was a request for pancakes for breakfast. First things first, a cup of coffee. Then I made pancakes with a fresh fruit salad. Afterwards I turned on the British cartoons while I cleaned up from breakfast. We colored some pictures for Daddy. Had another cup of coffee. Kids played with play doh while I started a load of laundry. Pulled out all the supplies for painting, and set that up. Debated on another cup of coffee. Colored some more pictures for daddy then we played hungry hungry hippos; looked at the clock and it was only 9:30 AM. AHHHHH... what are we going to do for 6 weeks while the kids are out of school? It's definitely time for a summer schedule for the sanity of SEEDD we need a schedule.

We have a section of the living room designated as the playroom, my goal over the next month, before the kids are out of school, is to revamp the playroom. My list is as follows:

~Get rid of small pointless toys
~Organize all toys in new baskets
~Label all the baskets
~Paint the table& 2 stools and get 2 new stools for it
~Hang a shelf for our phone center(the only outlet for the internet & phone is in the corner of the playroom)
~Set up "centers" it works for schools so why not do it at home.

If you have any tips or suggestions on how you survive summer, or plan to survive, lol, Throw them my way for sure & I'll be sure to share any ideas I get. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment